Confusion with Parts

VIPPY

This topic is 6537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 2 separate tables that I need to include in a report. Putting table 1 fields into the part "Body" works as should and shows all found records from table 1. I have experimented using different parts for table 2, and the most I can get to work is to show only the first record from table 2.

What's the best way to accomplish what I trying to do?

What's the relationship between the two tables? Is it a one-to-many from Table 1 to Table 2? If so, you need to create the report showing records from Table 2. Place the fields from Table 2 in the Body part. You can use a subsummary part sorted by some field from Table 1 and place any fields you want from Table 1 in there.

For example, if you have Companies and Employees tables, you would create a layout showing records from Employees, with Employee fields in the Body part. You could create a subsummary part by Company Name and place the Company Name field in the subsummary part. When you sort by the Company Name field and preview or print (not browse), you'll see a listing of each company in alphabetical order with employees listed below each company.

You can even include a summary field to total the number of employees. But, without more information on how you want your report to look, it will be impossible to help you more.

Headers for employees should go into the subsummary part so it displays the header once above the list of employees. I'm not sure you need a header for the companies since it should be clear from the content. Besides, having headers for employees and companies could get confusing.

This topic is 6537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.