Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have FMS7 running in Mac OS X which is set to backup every 20 minutes. I'm referring to the automated function within FMS7. We then run an Apple Automater script to send a copy of our backup once a day to our Linux machine which masquerades as a Win2K server.

This has worked fine for many months until a couple of weeks ago when the internal backup function stopped working. The little button "enabled" would uncheck itself after running once manually. Then after two days of going crazy with this, suddenly it started working again and has done so since... perhaps 10 days now.

Has anyone seen this? If so, have you fixed it? How?

JG

You may have a corrupt file. Whenever things start misbehaving on server, it's much better to be safe than sorry, you might consider restoring to a pre-incedent backup.

But out of curiosity, why on earth do you back up once every twenty minutes - especially if you send the backup only once a day. If something goes wrong with the file, do you think 20 minutes is enough time to notice the fact and respond before a good copy is wiped?.. Just a question.

~Genx

I wish I could remember why we set it up that way... frankly I've no recollection! I'll have to re-think that.

I don't believe I'll be able to find a backup old enough to pre-date the problem, however. The linux box is backed up to tape daily but even though we use a different tape each day, more than seven days have passed.

Thanks for your comments.

JG

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.