This topic is 6557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm stumped as to how to do the following in an elegant manner:

When I am on a full-screen layout that shows the details of a company, I can click a button that will open a small window on top of the current one that shows a "business card" of a contact who's related to that company. I use the GTRR step with "open in new window" to achieve this. No problem.

One of the button options on the "business card" layout is to go to the detail layout of that contact.

What I'd like to do is use the GTRR step to show that record/layout in the original window and close the little "business card" window. It seems that there should be a way to do this in a clean way but all I can come up with is opening yet another window that's the size of the original large one, doing some window renaming to make it look like the original and then close all the other windows that would now be behind it.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something really simple?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

If the company screen is related to the business card which is related to the contact details, then you should be able to run a script that will close the business card window and then in the original window can GTRR and it would be to the contact details layout.

Does that work?

Tables:

Business Details

Business Card

Contact Details

Script:

Close Window [business Card]

Go to Related Record [contact details layout]

Hi Kent,

Try having your business card set a global in the table of the original layout with the related record ID, then close the window and have the original window perform the GTRR using the global as the parent key.

Hey Mike,

That's perfect! Martha was on the right track but what she didn't know (because I didn't mention it), was that I was opening the business card layout by clicking a button in a portal row. Setting a global key in the Company TO to the key value of the portal row record will do the trick nicely.

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

This topic is 6557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.