Multiple Records to find in one field

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a data file and I need to find about 100 different zip codes within a DB(there are about 3000 total zips). Is there a better way to do it than just manually entering each one, adding a new find request, entering again, etc?

FYI _ I am copying them from Excel.

Your help is much appreciated!

Its just any field (date, text etc) with its storage options set to "global storage". Globals are really useful tools, but they take a while to explain and learn to exploit.

Do a search on the forums, there's plenty of posts RE globals.

~Genx

here is what I have tried so far...

Go to scriptmaker. New Script. Choose Peform Find. Specify find request. (Find). Find records when List Name ZIP_CODE field and then that is where I get lost. I paste all the zip codes in the criteria box and I have used various symbols (range, =, etc) in front of the first one. None them work.

Can you make a suggestion based on that?

First thing to do is to define a new text field, and set the storage options to global. Place it on a layout, so you can paste into it.

Your script should be exactly like the script in the link above - just replace Table::gCheckbox with the names of your table and your new global field, Radiofield with the name of your zipcode field, and add a Perform Find[] step at the end.

Note that there ARE NO criteria specified in the Perform Find[] - it's all done thru Set Field[] steps.

All this is assuming your zipcodes are separated by a carriage return.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.