Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Empty Rows in my portal

MEG

This topic is 6559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

:) I have a portal that is based on a 1-1 relationship and I allow the user to create records in the portal, my problem is that everytime the user clicks out of the portal and goes back in there is a new empty line/record at the top of the portal. Which means her data that displays keeps moving down further and further. How can I stop this from happening?

A portal based a one-to-one relationship will only display one row?!? Regardless, related records seem to be getting created. This could happen when someone enters data into the portal, which means it wouldn't likely be empty. Or, a script could create the related record. This also seems unlikely since they are just clicking into the row. Or, is some button being clicked?

I would question what the relationship is based upon. And whether 'Allow Creation' is turned on to the relationship. The blank records, if portal sort is on and based upon date, will be placed at the beginning.

UPDATE: I would also question the FIELDS placed within the portal. It sounds like it might be based upon the wrong TO. That will create phantom records as well.

Edited by Guest

Sorry I said that wrong it is a relationship that is based on one to many. There is a script that runs and creates the records in the portal that are needed for the operator. In the beginning it shows the correct number of records with the correct information but when the operator goes out of the portal to work on a different area and comes back to the portal she could have 3-10 empty lines and then the original records. Why do they move around? It wouldn't be a big deal if I could get the lines with data in them to show at the top in the right order (which I have controlled with a relationship sort) but the empty records are always at the top. Will adding a filter to the portal eliminate this?

This topic is 6559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.