Line between Header and Body

This topic is 6552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Jason,

Draw either a line 2 px-wide (or group two 1 px-wide lines) OR draw a rectangle and use Objects Size (set to px) to resize it to 2 px. Place it exactly on the line (magnify in so you can see it well). Extend it as far right as you'll ever allow a User to go but don't to past screen width if you don't need to. If you do, you'll cause the vertical scroll to appear (at least on Windows). If the line disappears, you've placed it ONE px. too low.

By applying an embossed effect when you create the rectangle, you can produce an edge highlight easier than grouping two lines (of slightly different colors). You can use button as well but you can't reduce the size to 2 px. if the font format is set to 10 px (for example) so you'd have to do one additional step to use it ... decreasing the font size to 3 or so ... so rectangle works better here. Color the line, or pen or fill anything you wish. You can come up with some cool looking stuff (different variations of a few colors; raised or engraved lines) this way that blends with your design and colors.

LaRetta :wink2:

One thing I mentioned TOO briefly was the Object Size box. While in layout, View > Object Size. I explained that the height (ooops, I might have said width ... I get right and left mixed up as well ... but I instantly ALWAYS keep straight port and starboard, LOL).

Pen width, rectangle height. Anyway, they are controlled very nicely using Object Size and I highly suggest to everyone that they experience how much time can be saved in using it. Click/toggle to change the IN, CM or PX. I always leave it on PX. Bottom two boxes are field width and height.

Top four move by increments of 1 px and allow precision placement of multiple objects. I couldn't work without it. :wink2:

This topic is 6552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.