Insert Record ID into inline frame on add record

chevell

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using CWP to create a form that has an inline frame. The main page has the details of a move request, the inline frame has the people moving. The related fields of the two databases are the recid. Somehow, i need to pass the recid to the inline frame so that when users are added in that frame, they are added with the correct related recid. Unfortunately, when xsl renders the page, the recid is not there until after submit.

So, I either need a new way of linking the tables, or a clever way to do it. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

--

Chevell

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm using this URL:

"http://hqfmp1/fmi/xsl/lvl1_app/findrecords.xsl?-view"

I want to add a token to it to fill in the field "lvl1_man_name" with a value from the database. I assume I can just tack that onto the end of that url. Is that correct? How would I do this? Thanks!

Whoa, awesome. So if I wanted to send an email from FileMaker with the link that has the token embeded in it, I would just create a "token" field and then specify it by calculation into the url. Then clicking on that link should get the job done in the same fashion, eh?

I really need a good book on creating these pages. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--

Chevell

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.