Disable Security Management

This topic is 6544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to disable the security management for a database? I am running FileMaker Server 8 and want to disable security managment for a database that people will access though IWP.

As a back up, my web guy has our intranet written in php, can he script to have when a link is clicked on the intranet the person go to iwp and automatically be loged in as guest?

Yes, I know this is crazy but the boss wants to know.

Scott

From the "FileMaker Professional Training - Foundation Series III" book (I mention this because I think everyone should have a copy):

"If the Guest account is the only account that has the fmiwp Extended Privilege enabled, web users will be allowed to access your file without being prompted for an account name and password."

You can find the Professional Training book at the filemaker.com web site. This curriculum is also taught by 8 authorized trainers across North America.

John Mark gave you a good answer.

But there is more, a lot more. Be sure that the Privilege Set attached to the Guest Account does not have too many privileges. It's an open door into your database. Also be sure, of course, that it has the fmiwp bit set.

Later, when you want to have both Guests and credentialed Accounts access the file by IWP, you'll have to make some modifications to this arrangement. Come back then and ask how.

Steven

This topic is 6544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.