Automatic Button Color

MIS

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am integrating a Contact Log into my database. There is a Recontact Date field that shows the date, in the future, that you are supposed to contact someone.

I'm displaying all the data in a portal right now.

If the recontact date 2 days in the future or sooner, I want a button on the left of the line in the portal to appear red.

If the recontact date is within a week, I want the button to appear yellow.

If the recontact date is more than week in the future, I want the button to appear green.

I know how to calculate the date, but I dont know how to make the button change colors. How do I do this?

You can't change the color of a button on the fly. You can however store pictures of the 3 different buttons in a repeating container field and make the "button" on your layout a calculation container field that gets the correct repetition based on your formula.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response!

I just have a quick question...

I've added a repeating container field in my To Do List table. There are three different colors, so I did three different repetitions.

I have .bmp's of my 3 different buttons, but how do I get them into the different repetitions? I can put one in, but when i past in the second one, it replaces the first.

Also, will every single record need to contain each of the 3 buttons? That seems like it would waste a lot of resources.

Thanks for your help

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.