File damaged : "access priveleges damaged or tampered with"

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was writing an application to calculate Stableford golf scores. I imported some fields from a layout in another database, and as soon as I went back to browse mode, I got a error saying that the file is damaged, and that the access priveleges have been damaged or possibly tampered with. (I never set any particular priveleges for the file). Recovery did not work, the recovered file has the same problem.

Help please!

rounds_file.zip

Nope, I cannot recover the file using FMD 5.5. I even tried converting it to FMP 8.0 but no dice. It's dead.

Start looking for backup copies.

DO NOT REUSE ANY PARTS OF THIS FILE. You could copy corrupted elements into your new database if you do.

Any idea why this might have happened?? I never saw something like it before. FM did not crash, and the other 2 files which were open at the time are fine.

Luckily I do have a backup from last night (thankyou Genie Backup Manager) but I spent 4 hours on it today..

This is the only information on the filemaker.com web site I could locate:

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4829&p_created=1115172884&p_sid=W53vbj8i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NyZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9YWNjZXNzIHByaXZpbGVnZXMgZGFtYWdlZA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Thanks John, the link explains what the problem is.

I'd love to know how the file could have been damaged as I was simply working on a layout. Strange indeed.

david

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.