Making a web page from images

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am hoping to take a found set of images in container fields and generate the guts of a simple web page in a calculation field using repeating segments of code like the one below. I already have the filename isolated in a calculation field, and have posted another question in this forum about isolating the pixel dimensions too (though dimensions are not essential). The repeating code segment looks like this:

filename

filename

Contents of a description text field

The above should be relatively simple to generate with a calculation, but the difficulty for me is how to get it to loop through a found set and add each repetition into the one text field or text file so I can copy and paste it into an html template file. In other words, how to wind up with the following all in the one place:

pineapple.jpg

pineapple.jpg

A pineapple growing in a Fiji plantation

guava.jpg

guava.jpg

Guava fruit, rich in vitamin C

....etc....

Any help hugely appreciated.

No responses so far, so maybe Filemaker is unable to concatenate data from several records into the one place. I'm surprised.

Maybe I can do it by sending a system event to a Windows command-line utility that will concatenate or splice text from a looping Filemaker script into a text file. It's got to be possible.

It's actually quite simple. You need a global text field to concatenate the result. The script would be something like this:

Go to Layout [ "YourLayout" (YourTable) ]

Show All Records

Sort Records [ Restore; No dialog ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]

#

Set Field [ Globals::gExport; <<< your preamble calc >>> ]

#

Loop

Set Field [ Globals::gExport; Globals::gExport & <<< your repeating calc >>> & ¶ ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next; Exit after last ]

End Loop

#

Set Field [ Globals::gExport; Globals::gExport & <<< your postamble calc >>> ]

#

# Export Field Contents [ Globals::gExport; "file:../somefile.html" ]

#

Go to Layout [ original layout ]

---

Another option is to use XML export, with XML-to-HTML stylesheet. It's a bit more complex - see the XML example file in the documentation.

Wow, fantastic. Thanks heaps for this -- it's going to save me hours of laborious work. I can't believe it's so easy. I'm working on implementing it now, and it looks good so far.

For the sake of anyone else reading in future, I've had to create a global field containing a double quote to get the formulas to work correctly with all the quotes required for html. So, one of my calc lines looks like this:

"& Globals::gQuote & Filename & Globals::gQuote & ¶ &</p></div></body></html>

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.