Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide Window

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not exactly sure where to approach this from, i don't usually work with multiple windows.

I want to put in a progress bar on file open, seeing as it actually takes around 15 sec to open on a lan now and 30 or so externally, i think it's reasonable to put one in.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about this however. What happens at the moment is the following: The fileopens, the window is resized to a login size, and a lot of jumping around layouts (while window is frozen of course) setting globals through relationships etc etc. occurs.

While all this is going on, i want the window to be hidden and a progress bar to be present (hence the topic title) but i can't seem to locate the hide window script step, though i'm not even sure if it would be appropriate...

Anyone with experience with this sort of thing help me out please? I'm feeling a bit lost.

P.S. I don't need an example file for the progress bar itself, i'm using a technique recently presented by Matt Petrowsky using unicode characters.

Cheers,

~Genx

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.