Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Table of radio buttons

joegez

This topic is 8631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to create a layout with a set of 13 similar text variables;each with values selected from the same value list. I am trying to make the inputs via a table of radio buttons, one set for each variable. When I create this, using FMP3.0, each radio button has the text of the associated value right next to it. I would like to get rid of the text and get the buttons closer to each other so the table will be compact. I can't figure out a way to do it. Any suggestions?

quote:

Originally posted by joegez:

I am trying to create a layout with a set of 13 similar text variables;each with values selected from the same value list. I am trying to make the inputs via a table of radio buttons, one set for each variable. When I create this, using FMP3.0, each radio button has the text of the associated value right next to it. I would like to get rid of the text and get the buttons closer to each other so the table will be compact. I can't figure out a way to do it. Any suggestions?

Just shrink the size of your object so that only the buttons are available. Very easy to do.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thanks. That works if I want the buttons aligned one above the other. But unfortunately I want them in a horizontal line. If I reduce the size of the object I lose both text and buttons. Is there comething I can do to get a set of buttons in a horizontal line?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Best I came up with in a similar situation was to define the value list as single characters (a,b,c,d... for instance), then on the layout make the radio button text the same color as the background. Then use a calc field with a Choose(position...) function to generate the real entry. If anyone has a better answer, I'd like to see it...

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by yleclerc:

Best I came up with in a similar situation was to define the value list as single characters (a,b,c,d... for instance), then on the layout make the radio button text the same color as the background. Then use a calc field with a Choose(position...) function to generate the real entry. If anyone has a better answer, I'd like to see it...

Well, my answer does what he wants, but it isn't simple.

Basically, don't use a single field. Use multiple fields, each attached to a value list with a single item. Attach scripts to each field so that when one is clicked, it sets itself to on and the rest of the fields to off. Then you can organize them on the layout however you like.

Chuck

This topic is 8631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.