Accts & Priv Developer Solution

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I second that! And some more. There are a few areas where it would be really handy to get FMA to 'modify' all of the files in a particular solution.

For instance, Custom Menus. I have a 7-file database with an empty Custom Menu as the default. It is a real PITA to change all 7 files back and forth for minor changes needing the standard menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Both of these are great suggestions! Please make sure to report them to FMI via the website.

The only downside I see is If it is good for Accounts/Privs and Custom Menus, the same could be said for Custom Functions, Layouts (for that logo screen or button bar), and perhaps others. So eventually the Developer Utilities would become perhaps overly complex and less about generating runtimes as it is about applying modifications across files for some file-based objects.

Also, new/inexperienced users are not likely to go into this feature when they are in Accounts and Privileges and ask the question "Now... how to move all these to my 16 secondary files."

Perhaps in addition to being able to copy/paste objects in define dialogs, it would be good to have a "sync other (multiple) files to this" button? That way you don't have to go in and out of dialogs just to do somewhat typical tasks of having all files in a solution have similar designs.

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.