Play Sound in Background

This topic is 6535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is is possible to have a script play a sound in a container field without having to go to the layout where the sound is stored? I've figured out how to have a script play the sound but not without changing to the layout where the field is.

I would like to be able to play a particular sound when I have a custom dialog appear.

Thanks for the knowledge,

Mel

The only I've come up with is to make the field very small, and give it no fill color and no outline to make it invisible. The way I play it is:

Go to Field[select/Perform; Resources::g_Audio]

Go to Next Field

Go to Field[...] will cause my "invisible" field to become visible, so I use Go to Next Field to get myself out of the container field, allowing it to become invisible again. It's less than ideal.

Are you playing a Quicktime file? Or have you figured out a way to play an externally-recorded sound file?

Actually, after much research last night, I found a plug-in that does it perfectly. 24U Simple Sound. Extremely easy to use and you don't have to deal with hiding fields, bringing them to the foreground, etc.

I know allot of folks in this forum don't like using plug-ins but I've fond them to be my saving grace!

Sometimes Filemaker just won't do what you need it to without having to spend endless hours trying to find a "work around".

Thanks allot for your response!

Mel

This topic is 6535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.