Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scaling

This topic is 6540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently started using Filemaker 8 and have come across an issue that I didn't have previously. In earlier versions, when I would set-up the page options (example: scaling down to 70%), the layout I was working on would adjust accordingly; ie: allow me more room to enter field. Then I would use a script to store (and reuse) the page set-up over and over.

Whenever I try this with FM8 - it just reverts to 100% - I can never see the effect of reducing a document to 70% for example.

Help?

Thanks

Debra

I tried creating a script that remembers scaling and it worked fine for me. I am using 8.0v3 Advanced on OSX 10.4. However, I did find an article at the filemaker.com web site that might explain the problem:

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5481&p_created=1127919894&p_sid=Gml4QO8i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NyZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9c2NhbGluZyBwcmludCBzZXR1cA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Notice that the issue has been fixed in 8.0v2 so it is likely you are using 8.0v1. You can download the updater from the filemaker.com web site. After you update to 8.0v2, update to 8.0v3 next.

This topic is 6540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.