Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker as powerpoint presentation

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do slide presentation in filemaker and have it look like a powerpoint presentation using the fade effect. In other words the transition would fade from the current record to the next using the pause resume script. Is there is a custom function, technique or plugin that would help achieve this effect?

Thanks

Well fade is perhaps pushing it a bit too far, but cool stuff can be achieved by gradually changing the the windows size, while being ontop of another open window showing the next record in the sequence.

But great care should be observed when attempting to pull filemaker out of the database realm, when more dedicated tools exists.

I'm guessing here, you would like to make runtimes to distribute like say a video?

Try to look at this recipee:

http://www.filemakermagazine.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=5

--sd

Soren, thanks for your response. Actually, this is for an in-house solution. We are a funeral home and each year we do a memorial presentation of individuals who have died that year. This is for surviving family members to help them cope with their loss during the holiday season. We have a guest speaker followed by a very basic slide presentation of the deceased. The pictures are originally imported into Filmaker through out the year. Just prior to the event we manually move the pictures into Powerpoint for the presentation. Powerpoint does a nice job and I would not want to lessen the quality. If it's not practical to achieve this in Filemaker, my next question would be is there a way to import the pictures along with text into Powerpoint?

If it's not practical to achieve this in Filemaker, my next question would be is there a way to import the pictures along with text into Powerpoint?

If you turn into preview mode are you able to grab the entire record text as well as images into the clipboard ...Wim can hopefully chime in here and show how to make a VBScript to make the slides ...since my skills are in Mac OS.

--sd

if you download the VBscript demo file from http://grokittools.com, you'll find an example VBscript there that creates presentations and slides based on FM data (including pictures). I took the script from a solution I did for a client so it's not tightly integrated in the demo file but you can easily edit it.

Soren and Wim, thanks for your help. I looked at the site and links you referenced Wim. Even though I know very little about Visual Basic (originally started out with Mac and recently had to switch to Windows) I was intrigued by the concept of a plugin that integrates such a powerful tool with Filmaker. It would seem worth my time learn more about VB. Again, thanks guys.

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.