Pictures will not display

This topic is 6504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a database that I've put up at an FMP hosting site. This database is accessed via IWP. There is one container field in each record in which a jpg image has been entered into the field, i.e. it is not entered as a referenced picture. When I view the database on the web, the picture looks fine. But when viewing the records in list view, the refresh of the screen is very slow.

I've heard that adding the image as a reference would speed up the redraw of the screen, so I added the image to my "web" folder (where my login file, among others, resides) at my hosting site. Going into FileMaker, I then added the image (as a Picture, not File) as a reference Unfortunately, when I go back to view the database on the web, the image does not display.

Does anyone have an answer as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm told by my FM hosting company that I have to put the picture file into my personal web folder on their server, and that the picture should display on the web if it is a referenced. All my other files are there, including some pdfs, which will diplay on the web (though they are not in a container field, but rather are accessed via a URL link from the web).

This topic is 6504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.