Manipulating windows

This topic is 6515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was hoping some one might be able to give me some help using windows, is there anyway to remove the side bar or make new windows act more like pop up windows online?

I know the basics, resizing, tileing, movement etc. I just need some help on the more customizable aspects of the windows, if there are any.

excellent thanks for the help :

what about scrolling how difficult/easy would it be to have a window always stay on top? Im trying to make a floating control panel and would like it to hover on the right or where ever the user chooses and not have it fall behind the window in the back when the back is clicked.

Edited by Guest

You can't really create a floating palette but you can use another FileMaker window and position wherever you want. But, as you point out, it will behave like a window and move behind the currently active window. Most people include their navigation on every layout. Or, was there something else you were trying to achieve?

My company just likes being able to do what ever they want however the feel like it. So they asked for a floating control panel instead of the one that currently static on all layouts, I just told them I'd look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will have to find some kind of external solution, since there is no way to make a window behave like a pallette.

Even if you put a script step in every single script in your normal window to execute a "bring window to front" for your pallette window, it will still cause the issue of forcing the user to click on the normal window to make it active prior to being able to click on a button or in a field.

This topic is 6515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.