Some users see blank IWP homepage

This topic is 6423 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I myself have never had this issue -- and can't replicate the problem firsthand, but 2 of my users see a blank IWP homepage (only the blue FileMaker header bar on the screen) when they try to view our DBs from home. The most recent case involved a user on Windows XP, and both IE and Firefox produced the same results...

We use FMServer 7 Adv on a PowerMac G5 running OS X Server 10.4.... Any experience with this kind of issue?

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

OK, I have finally experienced this myself... It happened when I tried to access the IWP hosted DB using Mozilla Camino - as an experiment. I noticed that Camino automatically omits the port number ("80" in my case), resulting in a screen that has only the blue header bar and no hosted DBs listed. I looked for a preference or setting that may cause this "omitted port number" behavior, but no luck yet. Ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Users running Windows XP w/ IE 6 cannot see the database list now (I thought the most current version of IE for Windows was supported?)... Same problem as before, port 80 gets automatically removed from the address in the URL address bar.

So at this point, I have to tell my users "Safari or nothing"... What gives?

This topic is 6423 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.