Server Maintenance This Week. ×

used software

Regor

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Is there a market for used filemaker software?

Where would I go to buy second hand packages?

Thanks

One word - Ebay

I needed two copies of FMP 5.5. I got one full version from England and the other an upgrade plus a full version of FMP3 from Washington State.

Price will depend on what it is you are looking for.

Shipping can be problematic. My version from England has done more travelling than I have before it finally got here.... But it did get here :-) .

Regards

Dave McQueen

Be aware that there has been a lot of pirated software around. Do not purchase any FMP software that is advertised as being "OEM" without a box or manual.

Hi vaughan,

I'll add to that, to make sure you can get your money back, plus shipping if you are unable to register it with FMI. The best way to do that is to ask FMI if you can use it to upgrade.

Lee

Be aware that there has been a lot of pirated software around. Do not purchase any FMP software that is advertised as being "OEM" without a box or manual.

That's number 1. The add will have something to the effect "In original box".

It is nice if they list a source. One copy I purchased was from a bankruptcy liquidation.

It also helps to review their feedback history. A million deals all done on the same day screams scam.

If seller is in one location and payment is being asked for in another - This is also a warning sign of a possible scam.

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.