Access denied

This topic is 8426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Problem.

Simple FM5 file on PC with two passwords. The master allowing 100percent access. A second password ("Input") does not allow import or export of files. Document preferences are set to go to a certain layout and run a script that hides the status area. When I open the file using the second password ACCESS IS DENIED. I have many other files with similar set-ups that all work perfectly.

What could possibly be wrong.

Any suggestions most welcome.

That does not seem to be the problem. The files that work OK are the same in the this respect as those that do not work. Both have just two passwords and there are no Groups involved. One has total access, the other has limited access. The full access password works OK, the other, when used gives the access denis=ed result. I have experienced this before. But for the life of me, I cannot remember the answer.

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Chris Wood ]

Yes. I have tried deleting them both and starting again, and it still happens.

LATER

After breakfast and a second cup of coffee, I have finally solved the problem. The document preferences were set to run an OPEN script that went to a layout (INTRODUCTION) and did or two other housekeeping jobs. I cleared everything off the INTRODUCTION layout and the problem was still there. If I directed the script to go to anyother layout, there was no problem. So the INTRODUCTION layout was corrupt or something. Fortunately the layout was quite simple and when I deleted the old layout and recreated it, the problem was gone - hey presto.

Over the years I have had odd problems that could only be solved by deleting a specific layout and recreating it.

Thanks for you thought anyway.

[ March 30, 2001: Message edited by: Chris Wood ]

This topic is 8426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.