SMS Integration

Genx

This topic is 6527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm looking to integrate SMS into one of my solutions. I've created an external file in .net that utilizes the api provided by the gateway, however i would like to know if there is anyway to directly integrate a .COM API with filemaker?

If anyone can point me toward an open source sample of any SMS solution that would be great also.

Cheers,

~Genx

The plugin API can use a COM API directly, but nothing in FM. You could probably use it with the VBscript plugin if it is COM. Not if it has a .NET API.

Your .NET app can be called from FM and you can configure it to accept command line parameters...

Yeh, i tried that, its just that there is a delay... albeit a short one before all the info is exported. Heres a question, will filemaker proceed to the next script step if the info hasnt finished being exported in the prior step?

In terms of using vb script ... i've tried with no luck.

Finally, i had a search for plugin API... it's meant to come with dev 7. Does it come with advanced 8? I'm looking but cant seem to be seeing.

Thanks in advance Wim

~Genx

Heres a question, will filemaker proceed to the next script step if the info hasnt finished being exported in the prior step?

FM will wait until each script step is done. But if you use Send Event to execute something, FM will move on as soon as the thing is executed, not wait until the external thing is done.

I'm pretty sure that if the thing has a COM interface you should be able to do something with VBscript. And then you can use the VBscript plugin. Using the plugin has the big advantage that FM *will* wait for the result of the VBscript before moving on.

The API is not a plug-in itself, it's all the information in C-format you need to write a plugin.

For Windows that's a Visual Studio project.

Since FM can't interact with a COM object itself you need something in the middle. If you know C then writing a plugin to expose the SMS API functions as FM external functions makes sense...

Well i don't know C so it looks like i'm going to have to learn..I know VB and they're all pretty much the same, all i need to do is run a few loops with a couple of if statements... nothing too complicated and I have all visual studio components so i might aswell use them for something. Also i get to write a plug-in... thats got to be fun, i guess.

I really did spend about 3 days trying to integrate with vb script with no luck.

Anyway thanks Wim, your great,

~Genx

This topic is 6527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.