Need Help with Email HTML Export

This topic is 6529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I thought this would be simple, but I guess not. I have a field that I have used to generate emails from my FileMaker Pro 6 database. This field is formatted just fine, by using codes like & "¶" & "¶" & for returns and so on.

I can't make things bold or underlined for email.

Since these tags in email are just HTML tags, I thought I could add something like & "" and finally & "" at the end of a line I wanted bold, but it doesn't show up as bold text in the email client. (The raw tags are just shown instead.)

I'm using Eudora 6.2.1 for Mac OS X, and I've sent a test email to myself to see if maybe the email client will make it appear bold in the display when received. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Is there a simple tag or export trick to make a simple line of text BOLD or in ITALICS for email/Eudora?

Please help, thanks.

AFAIK thre is no native support for HTML e-mail in FMP, although there's a plug-in some where (was mentioned yesterday on fmforums) but can't remember where.

AFAIK thre is no native support for HTML e-mail in FMP, although there's a plug-in some where (was mentioned yesterday on fmforums) but can't remember where.

I've seen Dracons Mail.it as an HTML plug-in for FileMaker, but from downloading the trial, it appears to be a full-featured email system all within FileMaker.

I still want to use Eudora to manage email. Is there a plug-in that allows for HTML code to be generated for email, but it will send a script to use an external default email client like Eudora, Mail.app, etc?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Guest

No not really... The code isnt "generated" either, you still have to write it, or at least use calcs to get it, but the issue is that its pretty hard to get outlook to recognise that it's an html email. Then again maybe there is a plugin that we don't know exists.

This topic is 6529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.