Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Repeating related records

etalentweb

This topic is 6531 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please refer to my relationship diagram.

I'll just talk about one field whose records I want to repeat. If I can make one work, then I'm Rn my way. refer to the upper left-most table, specifically the Well field, or in Filemaker speak, "[Wells].[Well]" and to the second table from the left, specifically [Royalties].[OwnerId].

The [Wells].[Well] field should appear as many times as the related field [Royalties][.[OwnerId] equals a given number, say "1."

Next I want to limit records to those created today or since a certain date, but I'll worry about that later.

I've made the layout's table [Royalties] and the portal's table [Wells], but it won't work. I've tried to follow the online help. I've been trying different things since sunrise. It's getting dark now. I'm cracking up.

Please help!

Thanks,

-Dave

Hmm, the relationship doesn't really allow that. Based on the Royalty table, you'll only be able to see the one parent Well.

Perhaps if you based the layout on the Owner table you'd get what you're looking for (you'd see each Well that's associated with that Owner's Royalties).

This topic is 6531 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.