Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Allowing to create users without giving access to layout mode, is this possible?

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a created a DB for a multi-users company.

Everytime they hire someone they have to call me to create a new user with an already defined profile. I tried creating a profile for the manager where he could create employee account, but without giving him full access, it doesn't work and by giving him full access he can access the DB in layout mode and I don't want to. Is there a way to do this or I have no choice but to give him full access... ?

Fred.

You can create a layout to gather information (name, password, etc.) about the new user, and then script the adding of a new user. The script will use the Add Account script step to create the new user. Set the script to "Run script with full access privileges" and turn User abort off.

HTH,

David

Except you perhaps should use a custom dialog instead of a layout to do this. Additionally be sure to have robust error trapping for this system, particularly if there is moe than one file.

If the client is using FileMaker Server, then use External Server Authentication instead. Works very well for just exactly what you want.

Steven

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.