Showing records in a row

Peter.in.th

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like a form where a user inputs data into a new record with 4 or five fields, presses a button and the new record appears below as in list view.

The next new record I would like to appear next to the last one so that it produces a record group in a box on two lines with the new one beside it.

I would like there to be about a maximum of 20 of these records in a row.

Help please

...inputs data into a new record ...and the new record appears below as in list view. The next new record ... to appear next to the last one so that it produces a record group in a box on two lines with the new one beside it

Your post seems to contridict itself here. Regardless, are you familiar with portals? Portals don't have to be vertical. You can place them horizontal thus:

Record 1 (portal starting row 1, 1 row)--- Record 2 (portal starting row 2, 1 row)

Record 3 (portal starting row 3, 1 row)--- Record 4 (portal starting row 4, 1 row)

Each portal row is detached from the rest and placed anywhere. But we really need more information. Tell us what and why you need this, as if you were explaining it to a new employee.

LaRetta :wink2:

Thanks laRetta

The forum is a bit like talking a problem through with your doctor.

When you've got it all out, it seems the solution stares you in the face, sometimes.

Half hour after writing the question the solution came to me and you have just confirmed that it was right.

I'm writing a school based solution that includes courses with the teachers listed in a row with a few details like rooms, names and topics.

The next row would be for a new course. All this is for the administrator to enter the courses and details at the beginning of the year.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.