Sending emails with the push of a button...

Saucepan

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi!

im having some trouble sending mails through filemakerpro 8, im fairly new to the program so im sure its all just a pretty simple problem, but anyhow here goes...

i want to set up a button which, when you click it, sends an standard email to for starters all my contacts. as of right now, im not getting it to send any mail at all. i have read through the forum, and noticed the WIN.INP-problem but i still cant get it to work...

what have i missed? remember that im new to this game so please treat me like the novice i am... :

tnx

nils

for starters im fine with just sending mass emails. later on im going to divide my contacts into smaller groups (based on relations; work, family etc.), and send them individual mails, but i figured that would be simple as soon as i mastered the mass email. (stop me if im wrong!)

Nils--

You might want to look into a PlugIn, just for sanity sake. SMTPIt is one I've heard used, although I haven'tused it meself.

To solve your problem within FM, create a script. The script will use the current found set as the basis of the mailing. In the script, you loop through all the records and issue a Send Mail that uses each record's email field as the recipient. You can also use other fields in the message. I often put a letter text in a global field and use it in each message sent. This script can then be attached to a layout.

HTH,

David

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.