Inconsistency in Sending Emails

04evildave

This topic is 6494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with inconsistency of email sends, using the Send Mail Script Step.

I've built a simple feature that sends a text file to about 3 people (including the sender as confirmation).

It sends the file most times, but some times it won't.

Initially, I discovered that if there was any unqualified email adress in the list of recipients(ie without the @ & .com etc), then the email would not send at all.

But, now that I've eliminated that, I still have occasions where it doesn;t send.

Any ideas?

Dave

Yep, sorry - should have clarified.

Firstly, if there is an unqualified email address anywhere in the list of emails to send to (eg john instead of [email protected]) then the email won't make it to the outbox at all.

But, the main problem is with the inconsistency of the send of one of the reports - which went once, but not the second time - whilst both appear in teh Sent Items folder - ISP prob?

Okay, well all you need to know is that filemaker only passes the e-mail to outlook / your default mail client (apprently FM has simple email validation that checks against domain names before exporting the e-mail you should be happy about this, it saves you from getting undeliverable e-mails back, though i suggest you do your own validation).

Anything that happens afterwards is based on your default settings in your default mail client.

This topic is 6494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.