Can't add records to "many" side

etalentweb

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is my relationship diagram.

My problem is that I can't add records to fields whose relationships are set to allow records to be added to the "many" side only, but not to the one side.

All of the relationships in the database are set up so that records can be added to tables on both sides with the exception of those whose "1" side would never change.

Specifically, refer to table [interestTypes] (at left in diagram ). There will never be more interest types, so the relationship between table [interestTypes] and [interests] is set so that records CAN be added to table [interests], but not to table [interestTypes].

The same relationship exists between table [Royalties] (records CAN be added) and table [ProdMonths] (records CANNOT be added). Here, every record in [Royalties].[ProdYearId] will have many occurrences of a certain value, the same value of which occurs only once in [ProdMonths].[ProdYearId]. In plain talk, table [ProdMonths] has twelve records, one for each month of the year.

Likewise, [Owners].[TitleId] has many occurrences of a certain value, the same of which occurs only once in [Titles].[TitleId]. Table [Titles] has four records (Mr., Mrs., Miss., Dr.)

What do I do so that I CAN add records to the many sides of the relationships that will never have records added to the one sides?

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.