Specifying which tab to go to

This topic is 6515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If I use the Tab Control and create 4 tabs - Option1, Option2, Option3 and Option4 - is there any way of specfiying which tab (and its contents) to display when users go to the layout that contains the tab control? I find that it defaults to the first tab when you go to a layout which contains a tab control - but I would like to go to a specific tab instead! Possible?

Frank

You can either simply use a goto field script step and choose a field on the particular tab you want it to default to or alternatively use a scriptless method in tips and tricks that i'm sure someone will point you towards (i would but i don't remember where it is).

~Genx

I find that it defaults to the first tab when you go to a layout which contains a tab

Another scriptless method ... select the tab control you want as default while in layout mode. It'll stick. It has caused me grief because I forget to respecify the default tab when working on a layout (and a different tab is selected). I script some tabs but for most, I simply specify while in layout mode.

LaRetta

Nope - it was clear - but that's what happens when I walk away from my system before finishing a response. It wasn't there when I started it. :wink2:

This topic is 6515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.