IWP-cannot display page

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello hello,

Hopefully this is a really simple answer, yet I can't figure it out for the life of me. I can publish my DB and all our computers on our little LAN can see it, however any computer outside cannot.

Instead of the log-in screen, they get "cannot display page". I have all the IWP turned on, I'm using the url: http://192.168.1.101

any suggestions on why people outside can't get anything other than "cannot display page"? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

-ryan

Edited by Guest

Ryan--

You're using a router connected to a DSL/Cable modem, maybe?

The 192 IP range is only used locally (i.e. behind the router); outside users only see the IP address of the modem. You have to set up your router to forward requests from the outside to the machine with the FM database.

Keep in mind that unless you have a static IP address with your ISP, your outside users won't have any way of finding your site, anyway, since the modem's IP address is dynamically assigned each time you connect up.

HTH,

David

• Newbies

Thanks David,

Thanks for the help, I've moved the DB to a machine with a static IP address and I've given it access through the router including the port number now, but it's still not loading.

So here's now the new IP address with the port number.

http://192.168.1.200:90

It just times out when you try to access the site. Any thoughts would be great and thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.