CWPE & CONFIG Engine crashing

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone encountered a problem with the "FileMaker Publishing Engine (CWPE & CONFIG)" service refusing to remain running? This is an FM8 Advanced installation. The service generates this event log error and quickly terminates within a few seconds of starting up.

The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 1, the service is being stopped.

I'm unable to edit the configuration of the web engine via the web interface but the rest of the web engine is running fine with all IWP enabled databases showing up and serving out correctly by the server.

Is there any sort of a java log kept by FM that would help diagnose this issue?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the same server configuration. The looks like it is starting up and then quits. Databases publish fine through IWP but I cannot access the adminsitartion console. I haven't been able to resolve the issue - a bit frustrating!

One of our IT guys discovered the problem: There is an xml file called [color:red]server.xml. At the very end of file is a line that should say [color:red]. In our case, the last [color:red]> was missing. Everything now works fine.

Edited by Guest

I'll be darned. That was my problem too. How in the heck could that file have come up missing its final > after having run well for months? It's all voodoo and duct tape in the end.

Anyhoo, thank you very much for sharing your solution here. It is much appreciated.

David Wolfe

Indianapolis, Indiana

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.