Page Breaks & Sliding

GrooveRoots

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FM Geniuses,

I'm sure this is a simple solution...but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have a lengthy assessment that my clients fill out online - which I then import into FM. I have set up a layout with text displaying the appropriate question, followed underneath by a text field for their imported responses. The problem is, several of the questions are essay, and therefore change in length from one client to the next. I made the fields large enough to hold the most long winded of texts... and solved the "extra space" problem with the sliding (vertically) function.

THE PROBLEM: This approach set's up random page breaks through the entire document. Worse yet, it often places a break directly after the question... leaving it widowed at the end of the page. My clients will be receiving a hard copy of their assessment (formatted through FM), so it's really is important that I find some way to control formatting.

I'd love to hear your solutions!

Thanks in advance,

Josh

BTW - does anybody else have problems with the 110" layout length or is it just me!?

I am not aware of a "simple solution" to your problem and was hoping to see someone post one!

I am in the same boat, multi-page report with varying content. I've put each large text box field in its own subsummary part (and updated the sort order to match). It does seem to minimize the page break problem. I do not know why, though.

I feel that FMs report capabilities are weak. I, for one, have long wished for the ability to repeat a subsummary part on subsequent pages if the detail flows to addtl pages. Oh well.

I've used EZxlst, which exports everything to a Microsoft Word file. Unfortunately, it doesn't yet do portals or grouped data.

You can find an explanation/demo at http://www.chapsoft.com/ezxslt/index.html.

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.