Server Maintenance This Week. ×

5 profiles on one remote computer

Raphael

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

we´ve just bought a 5-licence-Pack of Filemaker Pro 8 and want to install it on a remote server in a way that all 5 users share the same database. It´s a windows 2003 server, our 5 users (each with different windows username / profile) log in on the server via windows remote desktop and work that way directly on the server.

To use Filemaker, I installed it with the first serial for the user1 / windows profile 1 (clicking on “Installation only for this user”). Then I logged in as user2 / windows profile2, started setup again, choosed the option “Repair” and entered the second serial. So far, so good: When I start Filemaker as windows user1, it starts with the first licence installed, and when I start Filemaker as windows user2, it comes with the second user licence.

Now I installed the third serial for user3 on profile3. What now happened was that the installation / serial for user2 was overwritten, so that user 2 and 3 get the same serial and cannot work at the same time. User1 continues with his serial, for him it´s still fine.

I think the problem of overwriting the serial of user2 is that after the first installation the option “Installation only for this user” (when I enter the serial) is not available anymore, so user3 overwrites the serial of user2, user4 overwrites the serials of users 2 and 3 and so on..

So, is there a way to set the installation right, meaning: how can I install Filemaker on one computer (our remote server) for 5 different (windows remote) users / profiles, so that every user gets his own licence / serial number? (We don´t want to install Filemaker on each user´s local computer and access the database via remote open, it´s too slow that way).

Thanks for help,

Raphael

Ok, i´ve found the answer myself ;-) The way is to use the “Assisted Install.txt” file, directory /files. Before each installation, just put the right data (username, serial etc.) in there, and set ApplicationUsers= OnlyCurrentUser. Do the installation like that under each windows profile. So everything works fine...

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.