Fax issue

GER

This topic is 6486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Newbie! Warning this is confusing !

I'm administrating a small office(5 WS/1Server)w/FMS 8.v03. The managers send out faxes on clients to other professionals.

In 100 faxes 1 will be sent to a wrong fax number. For example: correct fax number 555.5555, wrong fax number 777.7777.

What I know: each and every fax number (250)were check by me and are correct. The referral fax numbers are correct. Using the above, the 5 number is the correct fax number, the 7 number is a referal number and should have not been sent, hence it is wrong.

Then, fax page image in WinFaxPro, that was sent to the wrong number actually had the correct fax number(5)showing, but the send record indicates the wrong fax number(7). In other words the fax image was created with the correct number as reflected by the image, but the send record shows the page being sent to the wrong number(7.)

I have WinFax Pro 10.v03(w/o patch v.04), which the FM8 application requires and have a Host/Client setup. I have a dedicated line/PC for the Host. I do not receive any faxes, only send them on this machine.

What I end up with is as follows:

The first fax number(5) is shown on the fax image 1, the original, is okay.

The second fax has the right fax number(5) as shown on the 2nd image, however the wrong fax number(7) is listed in the send record of WinFax Pro and goes to the incorrect destination.

Of course to add to my frustration this only happens randomly and intermittantly so I cannot discover a pattern to this madness.

It would not matter as much except this is confidential legal information.

Anyone have suggestions where I might determine what is happening. I need enough information to get the developer to look at this as a real problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this problem on the Mac side, seemed to improve by adding a few pauses prior to and after sending/printing to fax server, I felt that FMP was going to fast for everything to reset in the faxing software. I have not tested extensively though.

This topic is 6486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.