password performs find?

mallikai

This topic is 8168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have a timesheet database and was able to figure out how to set up individual passwords so that each employee is only able to see their records...

however all the other records are listed, they just say not available to this user...

Is there a way for the employee to sign in with his password and automatically see JUST his records? maybe also have them sorted by date???

thanks

p.s. Just want to give a pat on the back to all the people who help out on this list cause filemaker is not my forte...and you all have really helped me out...

If the employee password is embedded in each record and if the "sign-in" were to be into a global you could do a related record found set. The sort is easy.

However, you would have to take over the interface entirely, disabling the menu. And this is not a very secure routine, but it will work. Be sure that the filed with the password at the record level does not appear on any layout. I suppose that begs the question of how the field gets set. It could be set from the global when the employee creates a new record.

Combine this with RLA in FMP 5.5 for added security.

Old Advance Man

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 8168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.