Server Maintenance This Week. ×

share database?

This topic is 6509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I read on the website that you can share databases from Filemaker with 5 concurrent users who can work simultaneous. But does this mean I have to buy Filemaker 8 five times?:)

If I have to, I think they should be a little more specific on the website... :)

Can somebody advise me? Are there possibilities to make a runtime that can be shared by 5?

Greetz,

D

Both yes an no, you can peer to peer share with 5 full versions not runtimes, or you can design your system with the aim to web publish it via IWP, but as such will the development time be twice as much for the web solution, because you have incorporate a more modal interaction and a lot of the scripting have to undergo scrutinization to avoid web unfriendly steps.

Runtimes can be shared by THIRDPARTY tools only, and would be a if interpreted stricktly circumvention of the licencing terms, and very much to Filemakers luck is the pricetag way beyond buying genuine licences:

http://www.worldsync.com/s_pricelist.html

And if you should decide to make a similar thing with say applescript, would you discover that the licensing terms not are allowing it!

--sd

This topic is 6509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.