Can FileMaker Pro 8.5 do this yet?

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wand to be able to view and edit data in a filemaker layout that comes from external FM databases AND remote MySQL databases. I do not want to import/export anything and I do not want to mess with ODBC drivers. I just want to be able to edit data locally and have the changes instantly occur to the remote DBs. Much the way Navicat works.

Can FileMaker do this yet?

The reason I want to do this is my MySQL db is for my web store and contains all data on my products, customers, orders, inventory, newsletter subscribers etc... and I would like to use that data in a layout that also uses local fm db data for some of my wholesale customers. I also want to make a Point Of Sale system using FileMaker for a retail location I am opening that is tied live to my web inventory so when retail walk in customer just bought the last 4 socks I have in stock that when I complete the local transaction that it reduces the inventory in my web MySQL db so web customers are not trying to by something that is out of stock.

Has anybody used FileMaker to create a Point Of Sale system that is tied to a remote MySQL DB live?

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.