Integrated solution update possibilities

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have dabbled with the separation model a bit. I could see using the webviewer to create an integrated "check for update" option. A dialog could show the user their current version with the web viewer showing them the most current version and provide a download link.....all on the same window.

I have played around a bit and it seems to work like a charm. The main file (with logic and scripts, etc) is simply downloaded via the viewer. What is interesting is that there does not seem to be a "trail" of the download (since the viewer doesnt use a dedicated browser).

Any thoughts on this?

Greg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked into this a few weeks ago, but then decided to take it further as I had problems calling vbscript to ftp files down etc, so now I have created MooPlug ( http://mooplug.com ) which is designed with update systems in mind, it allows for dowloading of files, zip/unziping, file copying/moving/renaming etc. If you don't mind using a plugin, it could be an easier option. :P

Edited by Guest

That is a pity.

Since one of FM's usp's is its x-platform capabilities, anything that wishes to be allied to it really needs the same facility in order to be considered as real 'player'.

I haven't explored Mooplug's functionality yet but the list of options would appear to solve a few problems for me and it would be a shame for your (assumed) good work not to be fully useable

Thanks for the freebie anyway

Regards

Phil

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.