Google driving directions with Web Viewer

Christi

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone help me figure out how to take the WebViewer one step further so I can automatically get driving directions from Google Maps using a set address (my house) for the FROM address and the addresses in my contact database for the TO address? I don't want to actually interact with the WebViewer to get the driving directions. I want them to show up in the Web Viewer automatically so I need to use a different URL address.

I could not figure it out from Google's Driving Directions URL as it doesn't show the FROM and TO addresses in the actual URL.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION:

Then is there anyone out there who has the time to send me a sample file that can actually extract the driving directions from Google Driving Directions webpage and put it back into a field? I don't understand how curl works or parsing for that matter. I'm a wee little beginner at all of this but I'm very eager to learn and I learn much better if I can see a working model.

Edited by Guest

Okay, I was able to figure out how to get driving directions from Google with WebViewer without having to interact with the WebViewer. The URL below has my set FROM address included which will never change. We always want our driving directions from our company out to our clients and this works!!!

"http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&f=d&saddr=4117 16th Ave. SE+98106+USA

&daddr=" & Contact Management::Street 1 & "+" & Contact Management::Postal Code 1&"&btnG=Search"

You don't have to enter all of the city and state info as the street address and zip code are usually enough info to do the search.

Christi

• 2 weeks later...

Are you abole to bring in the maps that are included? Would you have those go to a container?

The reason I ask is I want to use Google Earth and bring in screen shots from it.

Any thoughts if that will work with Web Viewer?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.