Is Anyone using Lockpoint?

This topic is 7975 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

My solution is almost finished and I need to protect it from piracy and I was wondering if anyone is useing Lockpoint? I tried to call them and the number was disconnected. I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have to achieve my goal.

Thank You Very Much!

OAM is right...Lockpoint is outta here. You can write your own, but the level of sophistication depends upon how much your willing to do.

Go to www.protolight.com and download his free 'CryptoToolBox' plugin. This will enable you to retrieve the hard drive serial # and do various levels of encryption (RC4 and above).

You can save the serial # in a global and check each time the solution opens to see if you have a match. And you can encrypt the serial # and store it on the disk in a hidden file.

Where it gets more involved is allowing the user to move the solution from 1 machine to another and yet not be able to run it again on the 1st machine.

This should be enought to get you started.

Thank You For your fast replies.

Today I talked with Jamie he is the programmer who wrote Lockpoint. He told me that the company he wrote it for went out of business last June so he bought it back from them and will be releasing a new version by next Friday with new features. With that in mind I'm still very interested in this solution. I'm just wondering if anyone who uses it is happy with it.

The 'CryptoToolBox' plugin sounds interesting but I am not a real programmer, I'm still very much a beginner and I don't think I have the Ability to write something that complex. The program I wrote was for me to make my life easier, but when others saw it, they thought it was very cool and now they now all want copies for themselves.

Thank You All Very Much.

This forum is a must have tool for information and resourses.

Jamie /Lockpoint can be reached here:

http://www.braddockstreet.com/contact.html

• 4 months later...

yes, we have been using lockpoint for almost a year now and it has been wonderful. jaime has been a pleasure to work with. his company, broddockstreet software, i believe has just been renamed InstallFactory and are now at http://www.installfactory.com.

see my post in this forum called "looking for high-end security system" for more of my opinions on LockPoint.

hope this helps...

This topic is 7975 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.