Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best Method to Share??

This topic is 6491 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First off Sorry for the long post but I want to give detail. I am looking at creating a database that I can distribute to several locations that have 2-4 computers at some locations that will all be used at the same time, and 1 computer at each location. Where we have 2-4 I would like them to have access to the same data, but the 1 computer locations can be seperate. I can't do web based due to secruity issues. What do I need to have at each location? Do I need Server at the 2-4 computer locations? Can I use developer utilities to create a runtime solution for the stand alone stations?

The regular version of FileMaker Pro can host files to up to 5 other clients. Since you have Advanced, you can create runtime versions for those stand-alone locations if you wish.

you can use filemaker pro, you´ll not need fmserver. but 1 fm pro license for each user. in the location with 2-4 users, the first user to open the database will be the host and provide the db for sharing. the clients will open it with "remote open". for the other location, just install fm in the usual way. or a runtime version...

This topic is 6491 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.