Collating 3 Databases into One

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a need to take three database files that I had created earlier under FMP 5.5 and combine them into one database, as three tables within that database.

The three databases are now relational to one another, and for the most part things are working smoothly -- it would allow for more efficiency, though, if they were all part of the same file.

It's my understanding that the more advanced Filemaker Pro can do this, but I have the standard FMP Version 8. Is this possible in my version, and if so can you point the way to how to do it?

Many thanks. Incidentally, I have the wonderful book, Filemaker Pro 8: The Missing Manual, by Coffey and Prosser -- if the solution is in there, and I just have not found it, you can simply point me to the right pages.

Unfortunately you need FileMaker Pro Advance to perform this task. If you could create a CLONE of your files then send them to me and I could create a new file with the three tables, you will then need to go thru and reestablish your relationships, and import your records.

Thanks very much for the offer. Let me review what I have and plan my strategy over the weekend, plus create the clones and be sure they are properly organized and cleaned up. Then I will contact you back and send the three files.

Many thanks!

RJN

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.