Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"dialing voip stunt" from FM field

This topic is 6492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there. Thanks for reading my question and even more thanks for answering the issue....

Tried to find an answer in the forum, but alas...

Services/programs like skype and voipstunt have the possibility to act on a callto: command. I want to use voipstunt for calling from my database, running on an XP (sorry; no choice here)

In the FM scripting I can find dial, but than it will search for a modem, which isn't around.

Does anybody know a way to insert a button&script for it?

Thanks again,

JP

(Have to mention I'm no professional programmer and often just glad the xp works without problems)

Stop apologizing for using XP. Not sure what your point is with that, but it's not doing you any favors when asking questions in the *Windows* automation forum :)

If your VOIP software responds to the "callto" protocol then using a "Open URL" script step.

Try:

Open URL["callto://yourContact]

• Newbies

Thanks Wim, and sorry. But I had to reboot again for the umpteenth time so I was in the nasty XP mode. Sorry....

I've tried to call to, but the only way it seems to work is if I put callto before the skypename in every field. Now FM is trying to call voipname (fieldname I use)and skype doesn't recognize that name.

I can't find a way to have callto use a fieldinput; I've tried Wims' script, tried to replace mailto by callto, but I'm stuck.

If I have to add callto: in every field, is there a way to automate that? Autoinput doesn't seem to work either. Or is the heat dissolving my brain?

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Regards,

JP

• Newbies

OK, heat did dissolve my brain!

Adding callto: in a field is taken care of. Easily.

SO that's one less problem to tackle, even if it's not too elegant a solution.

A more serious (windows) problem is how to make the PC direct a callto: to either VOIPstunt (for phonecalls) or Skype, for skyping. If I come up with a solution I'll post it here for all to enjoy; it saves money and makes things easier!

This topic is 6492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.