Need help to create printable records

kmac

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am very new to FMP, just a home-use type amateur and I could sure use some help here!

I created a database to keep track of all documents I have in my computer and paper files. I am a genealogist, researching my family history. The DB has two tables: Ancestor Records has the main fields such as name, dob, etc, and an identifying field, ID#. The other table is Documents and contains only two fields ---- ID# and a container for the actual scan (reference only, not the actual document.) In Ancestor Records, I have created one record for each ancestor. Then, below the basic fields, I created a Portal where I can enter in type of record, date, name of scanned record. I go to Documents, it has filled in the ID# for me (relationship created) and I insert the picture. It all works great, just the way I want it to.

My problem is that I want to be able to print for my paper files a copy of each Ancestor Record that lists the scanned records I have on the computer for them. I set the portal up to be 100 rows to allow enough space to add in lots of documents. It all prints up, BUT, I get all those empty rows up to 100 AND the data at the bottom of each page is cut off because there is no page break.

I think I may have to create an additional layout to print this as I'd like. But, given my current setup, how could I do this? I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so any help or direction aimed at a newbie would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

I am attaching a copy of my DB, just on the "off chance" I did not explain it well enough. :)

Kathy

_Genealogy_Scans_Clone.fp7.zip

The proper way to print this report is using a subsummary part. I have added a subsummary layout and a script (both called "Print") that will display the report in preview mode (you can modify it to print) to your example file. Requirements for a subsummary report are sorting by the break field of the subsummary part and then previewing or printing.

_Genealogy_Scans_Clone.fp7.zip

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.