People Finder [Finished-8 Advanced]

This topic is 6473 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution / :) People Finder

Description: Finds people by phone number and name at Yellowbook.com, then extracts information to Filemaker fields. Great for contact management databases.

Working Under: 8 Advanced

Solution Status: Finished

Pre-requisites: Filemaker 8.5

Author(s): Coolboy

Date: 07/27/06

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info: Instruction are on the file itself on the instructions tab; however, this is pretty much self-explanatory.

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

People_Finder.zip

Edited by Guest

Very nice, Coolboy!

If you make revisions, I might suggest that you have separate fields for first and last names and that you extract the first name as well. In other words, if I search for the last name of Brown and Bill Brown is my choice among several hits, it would be nice for Bill Brown (not just Brown) to be put into the fields.

It would also be quite helpful to be able to be able to import a list of names and cycle through them one at a time, looking up phone numbers, etc., and populating a table.

But it's mighty nice the way it is!

Thanks!

James

www.james-mc.com

Yes, the new features are quite nice! Thanks for the improvements and additions!

I'll give it a test on an old list that used with 411.com with the Open URL script step and then copied and pasted into the database. Very inefficient.

James

www.james-mc.com

Edited by Guest

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.