find mode effects layout design!

This topic is 6446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope this is right area for this question.

Anyway, I have a layout designed to be a printable report. I have set it up to group the data, and it works.

When I use find mode, whether manual or in a script, I lose the grouping on all layouts for the table where I performed the find.

I have tried using Show All Records to fix the problem. It shows all records, but the layouts still will not display the grouped data.

If I make a new layout with grouped data based on the same table, all the layouts are "fixed".

I am very confused about how the find mode should effect the layouts. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

By "grouped" data you probably mean a Subsummary part(s). They depend on a specific Sort order. The "wizard" (or whatever it is) did that for you, with a Sort step.* Doing a new successful Find removes the current sort order however, 'cause it's different records; so you need to sort again. Also, such parts are only viewable in Preview mode (and Layout mode), not Browse.

*A Sort step can have several fields in it, and they can be moved up and down in the sort order. This may produce different valid Preview arrangments, if you have more than 1 Subsummary part.

This topic is 6446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.