Getting Started with this...

This topic is 6444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!

i have just bought Filemaker Server. I have Filemaker 8 installed in this PC and i allways work with 1 database with clients information.

I need to publish that database into the internet so that my clients can log in and see their details and last billing info. The problem here is that when i go to "Edit > Publish" i dont have instant web publish...

Is that caused because i have filemaker and filemaker server installed over the same PC ?

Thanks!

In order to use Server for web publishing, you need to have Server Advanced. This is a fairly expensive upgrade, but it's how FileMaker makes money on web published solutions, since they're not changing for client licenses in that model.

You must turn on the fmiwp Extended Privilege in the file you wish to host. Then you msut configure the Web Publishing Engine. This can be done for FileMaker Server 8 Advanced, not the regular version of FIleMaker Server 8.

Check the PDF's with the Guides on your install CD.

Steven

I dont know why but i have tried again 5 minutes ago and i had the instant web publishing option.. really wierd

One last question.. i have a database with 100+ clients, so i have 100+ records. what i need to do is to let clients log in into the database and see (not edit) just their record.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot guys!

This topic is 6444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.