Stupid Rubbish, Annoying - Filemaker thinks im sharing when im not

This topic is 6462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys, hope you loved my topic :

Very strange, on one PC, when i try to open the .fp7 file, i get the error filemaker could not share the file, another user on this computer is already using FM Pro to share this file bla bla bla..

But... there's not anyone - the message doesn't come up on any other PC's - and usually doesnt come up on this one. File sharing is turned off under Edit -- Sharing -- FM Network, IWP and ODBC.

It's a 3 file network solution - 2 backend, 1 front end - backends are hosted on FMS. I'm not even trying to host anything on the client side and this particular thing has to run unattended and theres no way to avoid the stupid message - so it halts my ******* script.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

~Genx

.. i wish it was that simple - but a) that gives you a different error anyway - it gives you: license key conflict .. another user is already using this ... blah blah blah.

Anyway, swapping the file to a more recent version fixed it - not sure - maybe it corrupted or something.

Hi Genx,

What did you do to fix it? I get a similar error on a standalone machine using FMP8A.

Cheers

Jalz

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.